I sold a puppy and now the lady wants to return it. What should I do?

I should have been more clear on my question. Im sorry. I fully intend to take my puppy back and im sick with worry that he is with such stupid people. My concern is with the sick factor. They have only had him for 2 days so he could have contracted parvo or anything else becasuse he only has two shots. I have three other puppies to think of and i cant make them sick and risk their health. Second, if I take him back now and re sell him to someone else IM responsible for his health and thats not fair to me.
 

I should have been more clear on my question. Im sorry. I fully intend to take my puppy back and im sick with worry that he is with such stupid people. My concern is with the sick factor. They have only had him for 2 days so he could have contracted parvo or anything else becasuse he only has two shots. I have three other puppies to think of and i cant make them sick and risk their health. Second, if I take him back now and re sell him to someone else IM responsible for his health and thats not fair to me. Third please dont assume I am a bad breeder when you dont know me. If you knew the amount of time love and of course money that it take me to breed one litter you would understand. I have to take a leave from work for at least four months to do this. I loose thousands of dollrs in pay not to mentions the thounds of dollars for vet and food cost. If I were breeding for profit I would have the money to give back to her now wouldnt I. This is a letter i wrote to her. I think its more than fair. Give your thoughts 1: I can not take him into my home until I know for sure he isnt sick. I might be able to find a foster for a week or so but I'm not sure. 2: I can not refund you your money until I can re sell him. Most breeders wont even do that unless there is something wrong with the dog. But I am more than happy to give you a refund and it should not take that long to find a new owner. But I cant re sell him until I know for sure he is o.k because then I a responsible for his health.

 

Answer

 
 

Hi...I've been in similar situations a few times. I would say if the puppy has only been gone 2 days it would be extremely unlikely for it to have contracted any diseases. So I would just take it back as soon as possible so that these people do not decide to take matters into their own hands, but if it really is a concern to you then either say that they need to take the puppy to the vet to be checked before returning it or that you will deduct the vet costs out of their refunded money. They will probably want at least a portion of their money back upon the return of the puppy to you, so I would offer some amount at that time and then give them all of your contact information to help assure them you will refund them the amount agreed upon. Hope this helps and please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

 
 
read more

0 comments: