Why are Vets so dang Expensive??? I thought they were compassionate people to be working with animals?


, but I was wrong, I have spend 2k on animals in the past 2 years, that didnt survive. one got attacked by a big dog, the vet had told me the first dog would be fine and in two days he died. I asked for at least 1/2 my money back and they said NO. (even though they assured me he was going to be fine)and the other hit by a car... They act as if we are supposed to have 600.00 right out of our purse to p ay their outrageous fees. or else they wont treat them.


 

, but I was wrong, I have spend 2k on animals in the past 2 years, that didnt survive. one got attacked by a big dog, the vet had told me the first dog would be fine and in two days he died. I asked for at least 1/2 my money back and they said NO. (even though they assured me he was going to be fine)and the other hit by a car... They act as if we are supposed to have 600.00 right out of our purse to p ay their outrageous fees. or else they wont treat them. and putting them out of their misery is a last resort with vets, (which I can understand) however if the owner doesnt have the money, or ever will have money like that within a few months then they shouldnt be made to feel guilty..seems to me they should have some kind of a heart, and trust people to pay them... For goodness sakes, we dont take our animals to the vet because we like to. We do it to save their lives, and prevent sickness to them.. I had to pay 1000.00 in vet bills this week alone, due to my dog getting "parvo" from the yard. That was almost a whole months worth of paycheck for me. I asked them if i could have 2 months to pay them off, even offering post dated checks, they said NO..I will take a post dated check for the balance in full within 2 weeks. It just hurts my heart to know people could be so selfish. Maybe thats why im NOT rich..I waive my fees to my clients at least once a day...What can we do to help this situation....???

 

Answer

 
 

I'm sorry for your bad time and I understand your frustration as the seeming unfairness of this whole situation. However, I think when you've had time to loose some of your anger you'll understand that being a vet is an occupation not a charity. Some vets are more expensive than others and I called around before settling on a vet to see what their fees are. I avoided them and have had a wonderful relationship with my vet for many years now. He has overhead costs such as office, equipment, salaries, medicines and foods and he is still always taking in the old and sickly animals his clients leave tied to his dumpster when they are tired of them. He also has a family of his own and all the costs that come with that. Mortgages, cars, clothes, medical insurance, his animals and even though he has all these obligations he still donates his time to the spay/neuter clinic that the aspca does every year and he has a small account set up for animals in grave need that he goes to whenever he can. He can not always do something for free or a reduced rate. Perhaps before the next time you require a vet you'll give a call around to price various services, vaccines and what not.

 
 
read more

0 comments: