My Three Shih Tzus were playing with my parents new puppy...?


and now it seems like the puppy may have Parvo. My dogs are up to date on their vaccinations, but, are they at risk? I thought the puppy had her shots. We're waiting for the vet to open, btw



 

and now it seems like the puppy may have Parvo. My dogs are up to date on their vaccinations, but, are they at risk? I thought the puppy had her shots. We're waiting for the vet to open, btw

 

Answer

 
 

Oh Dear! I would definitely call your vet! Usually when the dogs are older Parvo is not a big concern. Your dogs are not at high risk. But if the pup was in your home then your home is now contaminated with the parvo virus. This means you will have to clean your home from top to bottom with a bleach and water mixture of 50% bleach and 50% water to kill the virus in your home. Even with that I would not allow anyone who has an unvaccinated pup or dog into your home for quite some time. Parvo can live in the environment for up to a year sometimes longer. First thing to do is to call your vet and tell them what is going on. Then get to cleaning your home!

 
 
read more

0 comments: