DOg just died of Parvo and we have aothe rdog?

Good morning Yesterday we got the bad news that our puppy died of parvo. We took our other dog in to be tested and the test came back negative. The vet sent her home with an anti-nausea med and an antibiotic. She might possibly be preganant and is two years old. This morning I woke up and she had had diarhea twice and there was no visible blood and no smell like with our puppy. She got up and drank a whole lot of water and didn't eat anything. She has not thrown up or anything so I really don't know what to think.
 

Good morning Yesterday we got the bad news that our puppy died of parvo. We took our other dog in to be tested and the test came back negative. The vet sent her home with an anti-nausea med and an antibiotic. She might possibly be preganant and is two years old. This morning I woke up and she had had diarhea twice and there was no visible blood and no smell like with our puppy. She got up and drank a whole lot of water and didn't eat anything. She has not thrown up or anything so I really don't know what to think. We are taking her to the vet in 45 min when they open...The ER vet would take us twice as long to get there. She is also shivering. I guess my question is Do you think this is parvo again or do you think this is side effects of the antibiotic? I know you are not vets (some of you might be) I just need a little hope to hold onto before taking her...I can't lose another dog??? Yes Jerk I do vaccinate my dogs!!!! If you are suck a top contributer you would know that even vaccinated dogs can get the virus and that there are now mutant strains out there which is how my dog died it just couldn't be treated!!! So just watch yourself before you go throwing stones!!! Not every pregnancy in a dog is irresposibility. We are going to get her spayed but you people on your high horses around here need to get off and realize that there are other people out there who love there dogs more than anything!!! This is not me acting like an insensative baby I just lost a dog yesterday and might possibly loose another one. Sorry to be a bit defensive but when I come to you for advise I don't need to be questioned. She did test positive for parvo. The Vet said that disease keeps mutating into different strands that they cannot vacinate for. So check with you vets, you never want to see your puupy die from this. I am sorry for any "rude" responses I am not mad at you all for asking any of the valid questions but just asuming that that I don't vacinate or asuming that we don't already have homes for these much wanted puppies!!! She did test positive for parvo and the doctor thinks she will be fine she's eating and drinking and on two diffrent antibiotics along with antinaussea and antidiarrhea!!!! I am just so sad about our puppy who passed and we don't have children so those two puppies are all we have and now ones gone and the other one is fighting off this horrible disease!!!!

 

Answer

 
 

The dog you still have....has it been vaccinated? If so it should be ok but if not there is a good chance it will get parvo. I hope she will be ok. There have been so many posts lately about dogs getting parvo. Are people not vaccinating their dogs? ETA: I just read your very rude addition. It's quite normal to ask if a parvo dog has been vaccinated. What is wrong with you, there's no need to be so rude. ETA: Ok yes, I am sorry you lost your pup to such a horrible disease but if we don't ask questions we don't know so can't give a responsible answer to your question. I'm sure you want genuine answers rather than just replying with no sensible thought to your question.

 
 
read more

0 comments: