My pup died of parvo- should breeder pay up?

I bought a pup from a breeder and although the pup seemed fine, turns out he had parvo. 6 days later, it died. Now when I bought the pup, it was verbally said that there were no refunds, but since I racked up a $600 vet bill, shouldnt the breeder at least give me back what I paid for the dog? The vet said that the pup must have picked it up from the mom. The breeder said that the mom has all her shots and he doesnt know where the pup got the parvo. He also told me when I picked it up that it had been de-wormed only and needed its shots.
 

I bought a pup from a breeder and although the pup seemed fine, turns out he had parvo. 6 days later, it died. Now when I bought the pup, it was verbally said that there were no refunds, but since I racked up a $600 vet bill, shouldnt the breeder at least give me back what I paid for the dog? The vet said that the pup must have picked it up from the mom. The breeder said that the mom has all her shots and he doesnt know where the pup got the parvo. He also told me when I picked it up that it had been de-wormed only and needed its shots. I didnt go right away, but 2 days later, it started showing signs of sickness. The vet said he couldnt give it the shots anymore because of his condition and only had him on IV fluids.What do you think I should do next? I only had the pup for 5 days!!! I just wanted to add, he was not a full time breeder. These were his pets and he allowed them to breed. They were pure breed, but he didnt register them and sold them at less than half the price of an akc. This is what made me get one from him, pup was $125 and an akc would have cost me over $300. So, yeah, I bought him to save money, but now I paid much more in vet bills and it died! He doesnt have any more pups and said I am the only one who has this problem.

 

Answer

 
 

If there was a verbal "no refunds" why would you expect the breeder to give you your money back? You knew the pup didn't have it's shots when you bought it, which means, you knew it wasn't protected from diseses, including parvo. The mother being vaccinated could not save the pup from having parvo. The pup could have very well gotten parvo while in the breeders care, but, parvo is usually shows symptoms very quickly, and rapidly progresses. So, within 2 days, it is possible the pup pick up parvo while you had him. ADD> Parvo is contracted when a pup comes into contact with urine or feces of another infected animal. Symptoms start within about a week after contraction.

 
 
read more

0 comments: