Anyone's dog ever had Parvo?

I need know what to do before and after my dog comes home after Parvo.. My Baby Roxy is almost a year old and sadly I just learned that she has Parvo. At fist I thought she was just going into heat since it is about time for her to have her first. She started getting sick on Friday 9-12-08 and I took her to the vet first thing on Monday morning. She is in the hospital now and is doing much better. They have VERY high hopes in her making it. They wont be letting her go home until she is able to start eating and drinking on her own.
 

I need know what to do before and after my dog comes home after Parvo.. My Baby Roxy is almost a year old and sadly I just learned that she has Parvo. At fist I thought she was just going into heat since it is about time for her to have her first. She started getting sick on Friday 9-12-08 and I took her to the vet first thing on Monday morning. She is in the hospital now and is doing much better. They have VERY high hopes in her making it. They wont be letting her go home until she is able to start eating and drinking on her own. There will be a lot of steps I have to take before she comes home and even after. I was wanting to hear from someone that has had to deal with this before. I've read pretty much everything online but I really want to learn more from those that have had to deal with this before. Here are somethings I have questions about: Clean up: What are the best products to use to clean my house without bleach out all the colors. Also with their toys, what can I use to clean them without making my dogs sick from clean products or should i just get rid of them. And last how do I clean my yard; the vet told me I need to dig six inches every where she went to the bathroom but I have no idea where all she went to the bathroom since they said the first day or so you dont see really that many signs at all. Is there something else I can do besides dig up my whole yard or kill it?? Note: I'm willing to do what ever I need to, Im just wondering if there is a better way Can she come home and end up just getting it again? Should I have her stay some where else until she is stronger? Will she ever be herself again? I have another dog is it safe to have her around Roxy or even at my house even though her shots are up to date? What are some foods she can eat when she gets home? Is there anything I need to buy to make her life easier as she is recovering? If there is any other information that you want to tell me I would love to learn. I am so greatful that she is doing so well. Parvo is known for how painful and hurtful it can be. I've been told most dogs die within 72 hours. Roxy was doing great but today her heart gave out on her. I haven't been this sad since dad died.. I'm so lost right now.. She was amazing and it sux that Parvo took her so fast!

 

Answer

 
 

My first suggestion is dont get your hopes up TO high that your baby will make it through. I hope and pray that she does. But I had a pup with parvo way back and he did the hospital stay we did the cleaning and he got home he was weak and still sick...I spent 4 days hand feeding him . One day he was great!!! Took him out to the bathroom and suddenly..well... Anyway....the yard is the worst to try to sterilize and keep from having a repeat attack. I suggest just keeping her away from it all together. Learn to enjoy walks together etc. Im not positive as its been awhile but I think even with treatment they dont consider the yard entirely safe for at least 6 months.

 
 
read more

0 comments: